Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Collecting Loss



I wanted to take a moment to thank each of you who took the time to answer my questions around "Bereaved Parents Rights" I really appreciate your honesty and bravery.

Here is another way in which I continued to be a mama to my son, Andrew. See, I don't believe in closure, I don't believe because he died, i ceased to be his mother and i should just "get over him"
I do believe that my entire life and beyond i will be his mama. And in this big ole crazy world I finally got something right. Him.

I believe it was back in 2007, a call went out, I somehow found it, not really sure how, probably a link that someone posted but it was called "Collecting Loss"
Two wonderful ladies invited people to send in clothing from their deceased. They then took each piece of clothing and sewed it into something else, shirts, skirts, a teddy bear.

"This project is being created with the intentions to:
Preserve and honour memories;
Provide a visual and verbal gathering place for grief;
Explore change by weaving individual threads of cloth and story into shared fabric;
Offer healing, education and stimulation of dialogue around death of a loved one."
I sent in Andrews onesie.

It is now 2013 and the exhibit went live in Toronto 2012, I unfortunately was not able to attend.
Mike was going through exams and I could not go alone.
One of these days of will purchase the book, i just found out there was one.

Here is http://www.collectingloss.com/gallery_index3.html - Andrews onesie and a letter from me.
Here is http://www.collectingloss.com/home.html - The official link
And here is the http://www.collectingloss.com/sharing.html - Sharing my Story.
L. ANg

No comments: