Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

“Viva Las VegaStamps! DT Tryout”.

Representing myself...... How does one in a short amount of time and space, represent? How do I tell this company how passionate I am about art? How do I really tell them art saved my life, therefore I create straight from my heart. Well I guess I just show them my style. And even that....hmmmmm But here is goes anyways
This small (1 1/2 inches by 1 inch) opens up to a become a star, thus the name "Starbook". It has rubber stamped "Art" on the front, and you can't tell but the butterfly has Tim Holtz "Rock Candy" on it, to give it lots of textures. There is also lots of distressing going on here.
This greeting card, has SO many layers, most of the stamping was done using the Letraset Aquamarkers, (YUMYY!) there is heat embossing, metal embossing, Cheery Lane Design - die cuts, brads, stickers, tag, distressing with ink pads also~! SO multi-layered!
Last but not least is a hand drawn little sun nymph. I included this one because i wanted to show that rubber stamping is ART! The sun stamped diamond is stamped with a permanent ink, and then i sewed a small pillow. It was stamped on Tyvek, and then dyed with twinkling H2Os! WHEW! I hope I am selected. Art on my friends, ANg

3 comments:

still life angie said...

How could you not win?! That is awesome!

Twisted Pixie Reviews said...

Okay, seriously! All of these are just too cute and honestly win or lose you should open your own Etsy shop because I will be your first customer. You could do something you love while also sharing your love with the world. The star book is just ... well ... I want it! :) I hope you win because you should!

LeslieRahye said...

love them all! good luck!